Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas!!! Happy Holidays!!

"Winter Song"
20x30 Oil On Board
This is not my latest painting, however it seems very appropriate considering the season. This is one of my favorite pieces I've done. A very emotional and quiet painting. I loved the large tree and all it's wisdom and character, and appreciated the small little bush living along the old fallen fence line. I love painting winter in all it's harmony and subtleties. There's so much poetry out in this world.
We just finished up our holiday show in Marine on the St Croix. It was a great success! Thank you to everyone that made it out to see our work. It was an absolute pleasure to meet new faces and to see old friends! I hope everyone enjoys this holiday season.

3 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is exquisite. To me it totally speaks of the stillness and beauty of winter.

Kami Mendlik said...

Thank you so much Claire. I love painting winter, it's so calming. :)

Blind Fury said...

Kami, I love this painting! It is very symbolic of our family's last week and the tree of life.
Your work is so beautiful and always tells a story.
Luv
Angela