Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Some September Plein Air!

"Just Off Nason Hill"
11x14 oil on linen
September painting is awesome! The colors are rich and usually, the weather is pretty comfortable. This is a piece I painted specifically for someone who just graduated law school, is an avid biker, and spent many of his days biking this route. Nason hill is one of the most challenging around for bikers and this special biker has fond memories of this route. I, the painter on the other hand chose this composition because I was totally intrigued and inspired by the beautiful sweep of this road and the sharp tension of the telephone wires. I've always loved to paint telephone wires, in fact I once turned down a large commission because I insisted the telephone wires belong and the collectors did not agree. :) And at THAT time I could not afford to turn commissions down! Stubborn artist huh? :)

6 comments:

Judy P. said...

What a beautiful painting, Kami, and I like that you stick to your guns!

Marc R. Hanson said...

You did it! This is that spot... completely. Nice work painter!

Christopher O'Handley said...

You're right, that is a beautiful road!

Kami Mendlik said...

Thanks Judy, sometimes you just have to! :)

Kami Mendlik said...

Thanks Marc and I appreciate the paint. . .;)

Kami Mendlik said...

Hey Christopher, thanks! Awesome old road. Happy Painting!