Thursday, February 10, 2011

Little Bunch Of Radishes

"Little Bunch Of Radishes"
8x10 oil on linen
This is a little study of some radishes I fell in love with at the grocery store the other day. How does one fall in love with radishes?? I don't know, I suppose the color! They were so tightly bundled, I hesitated to paint them that way but at the same time it was part of their charm. :)
Painting red in light is always a bit of a challenge and a challenge I thrive off of. It's always interesting to me how many cool notes are vibrating on top of red in the light. If you click on the image you can see all the subtle temperature notes. The hard part was stopping and not destroying the integrity of the whole.

2 comments:

jesusest@gmail.com said...

very good painting, I love the cool colors you put in the shadows, it works out very well.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Edible! Nice job. :)