Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Is Calling

"Spring Is Calling"
8x10 oil on linen
What a beautiful day we had today!  My kids are on spring break this week so we're just hanging around enjoying the incredible weather we're having.  Monday I leave for AZ to paint for a week with painter and friend Kim Casebeer, I'm really looking forward to that!  So I thought I'd better get outside and get the paint moving 'en plein air' before heading West.  
My 11 year old (Nick) and I went out to my Dad's place later today to enjoy spring and do some painting.  This is my piece from today.  It just sounds like spring, hence the title "Spring Is Calling".  

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

I love the simplicity of this, Kami... Very nice.
Wish my 11 year old would enjoy painting with me. Good for the two of you.

Have a great time in Arizona!

Kami Mendlik said...

Hi Marian, thank you so much! I like the simple scenes too. Funny thing is, there's not very simple to paint as you know :) I love when Nick wants to go paint with me, I realize how precious it truly is. Happy Painting to you!