Friday, June 12, 2009

Painting Peonies!

Painting Peonies. . . with a cat. . .
This is my studio at home where I've been working since the kids have been off for summer vacation. . . vacation for THEM. ;) We did get out and paint the river last night which was gorgeous but I plan to do as many still life pieces as possible this summer as the seasonal flowers change. I've always wanted to take the time to do this and I think this will be the summer! It all started with the lilacs. . . . . so here we go!
. . now to get a descent photo of this painting close up

6 comments:

Marc R. Hanson said...

Hey a trick cat!!! Or is it a camo cat? Either way, a nice painting of everything... but... the cat. :) I love the way that you handled the mass of the peonies in this and the implied texture of the silver pitcher. All of that reads very, very well. Good job and good idea you have for your summer paintings. See ya...M

Gary Keimig said...

Wondered about the cat myself. Looks like a nice painting you have going on. good luck on that endeavor but I sure hope you will be doing some landscapes as you go along. {my favorite]
God bless,

Solvay said...

love the kitty. - didn't expect anyone else to be commenting on the nonpainting part of your post.....but, lo, now there are three of us!
: )

Kami Mendlik said...

Hi Gary,
A bit delayed on my responce but better late than never. . . :) Thanks for the comment on the still life and I will never stop painting landscape, as long as I can help it. :) It's where my heart is for certain!

Kami Mendlik said...

Hi Solvay,
My cat was cracking me up! I was shooting a picture of my set up and didn't realize she was sitting there until I took another a few seconds later as she was walking away. Sneaky cat. :) We love our Izzy Kitty!

Solvay said...

Kitties! Always marvelous!
(neglected to mention how in cognito she/he is in the lower one where only the white parts show - like a figurine - and then the black/white parts show in the upper photo, but the "figurine" is gone....ha ha ha - very sneaky kitty!!!)

love that!