14x11 oil on linen panel
Although I painted this piece a couple weeks ago, I'm just now getting to posting it. This started out as my demo piece during my 2 day still life workshop but I ended up finishing on my own. I was struggling for a bit with trying to capture the brilliance in the red flowers but was determined enough to figure it out. Many times I find it's the problem surrounding what I think is problem that is actually the problem, whew! A mouth full. That did play a part in this painting but it was also the lack of chromacity in my usual palette that was causing some issues. I finally dug through my bucket of paints and found one that was called 'bright red'. :) That did the trick indeed! Do note, I used it sparingly and only at the end of the painting for the little exceptions!